PLAYING IS A DIMENSION THAT MAKES DIVERSITY TO BE APPRECIATED
Fun and games make us feel together, especially if the gameplay is not competitive. Fun also includes the bright side of the artistic zest and the power of creative innovation. Art, fun, games and innovation represent the generative side of our lives. This page is dedicated to collective creativity.
GAMES: COOPERATIVE MONOPOLY
Cooperative Monopoly is a game that can be played with a standard monopoly set to understand the economic system we live in nowadays. Following these simple steps, you may experience a transition from the standard competitive capitalistic economy to a different one based on cooperation and understanding.
1. When the game starts, every participant receives 12 houses that can be set up with no cost. The game proceeds as it normally would in a standard Monopoly game.
2. When the first player runs out of the highest banknote denomination, the participated governance phase begins. In this phase, players can talk to each other with the purpose of forming alliances, sharing some ownerships, changing the rules of the game. They can do it when it's the poorest player turn.
3. When two players decide to put in common some properties or their money, the game enters the collaboration phase. Teams may even emerge and play one against the other. The term collaboration indicates a general form of interaction as the coalition is not neutral. Sometimes a strong competitive player is isolated until his/her policy change.
4. When players decide to redistribute the money owned by each of them, the game gets in the redistribution phase. The players usually change the objective of the game or insert an agreement that nobody can go bankrupt and should be saved by the others.
5. When players decide to take money from the bank, the game evolves into the bank off phase. Sometimes all the money from the bank is redistributed, sometimes a joint team of all the players decides to get the money from the bank and set the objective to build the maximum amount of hotels and houses possible as a final victory of the whole group.
6. When three rounds have been played in the bank off mode, a coup d’etat is carried out and a dictatorship is established. A depressed tyrant takes all lands, hotels, houses and overrule the agreements the players might have drawn up, but takes no money. The only way to make the depressed leader leave is to make him happy again. His will is to receive all the players money. The players may try to buy back all the buildings and the lands with their money, buying them back when they pass on them after paying the standard fees. The price is ten times what they paid for the land, ten times for the houses and ten times the hotels. The players could also decide to give all the money they have to the dictator and make him happy. When the dictator is happy, he will fly away with the money and leave the city to all the players.
7. When the depressed dictator flies away, creativity can be expressed: the whole city is owned by the participants and is in common. The players are free to imagine a new city that works differently, every one of them may choose her/his area and color of concern, keeping in mind the city needs energy, water, food production, et cetera. Every color may be dedicated to a need, a service or an activity. The city is free, and the players own it!
FUN: BUILD YOUR OWN PINWHEEL GALAXY
Making a pinwheel is very nice and you can do this little do-ot-yourself task with your friends. The Pinwheel Galaxy is a spiral-shaped galaxy about 21 million light years away from Earth. The first Cooperacy logo was a colorful pinwheel and that idea still lives in the current rotating logo in the homepage. Celebrate Cooperacy, the eco-system and the cooperation wind by blowing on your DIY Pinwheel Galaxy! To build it, you can follow the instructions carefully put together by no less then NASA.
After you made one, try and make a 7 petals, no-red, pinwheel like the Cooperacy one! If you spin it, the coordinated diversity of the colors will join and produce a white light!
GIVE IT A TRY
JOIN THE CHANGE AND HAVE FUN!